A place for random thoughts from the life of a follower of Jesus.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Challenges & Promises

I think it's going to be a challenging week. My son is scheduled for surgery this week. His eyes turn in and the surgery is supposed to correct that. From everyone I've talked to, it's supposed to be a routine operation. Yeah, yeah, I know all that. But this is my son! Is any operation really routine? Anything can happen; there are no guarantees in life. On top of that, the surgeon gave us the spiel that she is required to give: there is always the chance he could go blind, or other complications. Thanks. I needed to hear that. I know they a required to say that to cover their legal butts, but it doesn't do a lot to inspire confidence!
What really makes things easier to handle is knowing that I can talk to God at any time. If anybody can handle this situation, God can. Besides this, I've had many friends and family say that they would be praying for my son and us before during and after the surgery. Without this support, I don't know how I would handle everything. I think I look like I have everything together, but looks can be deceiving.
But God has promised to be with us, to help us through the difficult times. No matter what happens, God will be there for us.
Other than that, life is going along smoothly. Busy but smooth. I'd like things to settle down a little bit, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
Yesterday we had a celebration service at our church. The building was full. Celebration services really don't do anything for me. I'm usually too busy running around making sure things are going ok to even notice what is happening in the service. Sometimes I'm just glad it's over with.
Anyway, life goes on, and we live to struggle against the challenges of another day, of another week.
I appreciate your prayers for me and my family.
Blessings,
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home