A place for random thoughts from the life of a follower of Jesus.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Books, books and more books!

I thought I would do something a little different.
For those who like to read, and even those who don't here are some of my recommendations for good books. If you have a gift certificate and/or some time over the holidays, you might want to check these out. I highly recommend all of them!

Anne Rice - Christ the Lord ( I haven't read this one yet, but plan to shortly)

The following I have read in the past year or so:
Malcolm Gladwell - The Tipping Point and Blink (excellent for those interested in sociology, studying trends, etc.)
Philip Yancey - anything, but especially What's So Amazing About Grace and The Jesus I Never Knew
Robert Lewis - The Church of Irresistible Influence (encouraging and challenging read about changing how the church interacts with its community)
Brian McLaren - A New Kind of Christian (looking at the postmdern Christian and church)
Erwin McManus - Seizing Your Divine Moment
Chris Wright - Knowing Jesus Through the Old Testament (excellent way to understand the relationship between the Old and New Testaments)
David Murrow - Why Men Hate Going to Church

Finally, here's one I read years ago, but still recommend:
Charles Swindoll - Living on the Ragged Edge (a devotional/commentary on Ecclesiastes)

That list should keep you occupied for a while. Maybe I'll try to list a 'book of the week' to keep the bookworms happy.
Happy reading!
David

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

just so you'll know, you can get a weekly podcast from brian mclaren on wiredparish.com

12:15 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home